Christmas Gift Guide // Yoga

12/05/2014

We're back for another Christmas Gift Guide! and this time, is for the Yogi's in your life! If you din't catch my gift guide for runners, you can check that out HERE.
If you're a yogi, maybe you want to start yoga but don't know where to start and you're stuck for ideas for gifts or if there's someone in your life that loves yoga and you're not sure what to get them, then I hope this guide will come in handy for you!


Yoga Mats

A Yoga mat was one of the first things I purchased when I started to practice yoga and I think is quite essential. They provide traction to the floor and also provide some cushioning between you and the floor so its not as tough on pressure points such as your tail bone. A mat is also a way to mark your personal space, especially when attending a yoga class.






Yoga Clothing
 Sorry Guys! This is more orientated to womens clothing, I can't say I'm familiar with what guys wear for yoga!

Although not essential, it's good to have something practical to wear. There's nothing worse than doing some yoga practice with a loose top that rides up when in downward dog or trouser legs that you can get tangled up in.

Leggings are a favourite for yoga. As there is no loose material to deal with and can allow for free fluid movements. However, there are other, loose style pants that are pretty popular too! Most yoga leggings/pants come in spectacular prints too!

1) Sweaty Betty Urdhva Reversible Yoga Leggings 2) Buddha Pants 3) Onzie Desert Lily Long Legging 4) V3 Apparel Skeleton Gym Leggings


Besides yoga leggings/pants, there's t-shirts, tanks and sports bras and there are an array to choose from. For these, you don't need to get anything yoga specific, I usually wear any sort of shirt and bra that I fancy and here are some of my favourites!



Some of my favourite sites for finding yoga clothing are: Sweaty Betty, Teeki, Kismet, Active In Style, Yoga Matters & Fabletics





Yoga Equipment

Although not essential, there is equipment out there such as yoga blocks, belts and stools that can help with your yoga practice, especially as a beginner when you're not as flexible and haven't mastered poses. Yoga blocks provide a lot of uses such as improving flexibility, providing support during certain poses and used for balance. Yoga straps can be used to deepen your yoga practice and are used to help achieve poses that are a bit out of reach to some.






Misc Gifts

So, these are not necessarily items that would be used during yoga practice, however, I though they were nice gifts that yogi's would enjoy receiving at Christmas.





****

Annnd there you have it! I really hope this has given you some ideas of the types of things that yogi, or you, might be interested in as a gift for Christmas time!

I've still got a gift guide coming up for Foodies and just a general Health& Fitness Gift Guide which will be going up within the next week or so just in time for everyone to get their gifts before Christmas!

Have a fantastic Christmas! :)

Question: Are you a yogi or know a yogi in your life? Anything you think I've missed out from this list that you would have added?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love seeing the gift ideas posts! I don't think you have missed anything off, but I can definitely recommend the Yoga Matters sticky mats. I have a blue one, and I bought my sister the bright yellow for her birthday. They're really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Steph Yes! I love these posts too as they help me with things I'd never thought to ask for/get for someone else!


    I've got the Gaiam Mat that I recommended in this post, the Tree of Life print is lovely but I reaaaally want the Liforme Mat for alignment.. just can't afford it! :(

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook