The Ultimate Coffee Date // May

5/03/2014

Last Month flew by.. maybe not for everyone but at least for me as I had SO much going on.

I hope that everyone has had a great start to their weekend. Mine has been pretty boring so far as I still can't do much, I've been food shopping and that's about it.

I noticed this fun little linkup from some fellow Ambassadors Jill Conyers, Lynda at FitnessMomWineCountry and Nikki at Grab Your Kicks and thought it would be fun to join in.
So! Grab a cuppa and lets have a chat. :)
If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you... that I don't really like coffee, I'm more of a tea person. I don't really like the taste of coffee, it doesn't really give me an energy boost/kick that it gives other people.

If we were having coffee tea this morning, I'd tell you... that recovery from surgery is going really well. All the incisions are healing nicely, I still have a lot of bruising and swelling, which is really getting on my nerves, but overall I'm still extremely happy about my results and just need to have a little more patience.

If we were having coffee tea this morning, I'd tell you... that as much as I sometimes hated working out and going for a run, I miss it now that I'm not able to do it. I miss Yoga, it was a way for me to be calm and relaxed and loved the boost it gave me when I was able to get further with practicing poses.
If we were having coffee tea this morning, I'd tell you... that daytime TV sucks and I'm starting to go stir crazy. I miss being able to socialize with people at work and just being able to have a conversation with someone that isn't usually in the house.

If we were having coffee tea this morning, I'd tell you... that I'm SO looking forward to going back to work on Tuesday. It feels like forever since I was last at work.  I've been off for 3 weeks recovering from surgery, before that I was in work for 3 days as I'd just got back from Mexico. So really, it feels like I've had 5-6 weeks off.

If we were having coffee tea this morning, I'd tell you... that its so incredibly frustrating that I took the time to paint my nails yesterday and the same day, They already started chipping! What is with that? Does anyone else have this problem? Any recommended brands of nail polish that don't chip so easily?
If we were having coffee tea this morning, I'd tell you... how incredibly cute and annoying Kia is being all at the same time. We have a box of food on the floor in our bedroom that we get pouches out of when we need to feed her. Kia has been chewing on the box and pulling out a flavour of food that she wants, pretty much bang on time for her feeding. Now that the box is almost empty, she's taken it upon herself to get in it and sleep. She has NEVER liked boxes, even since she was a kitten, she just isn't interested in them.. Until now.
Thanks again to Jill, Lynda and Nikki for this linkup, please go over and checkout their posts, as well as the others that are joining for the linkup!

Question: If we were having coffee this morning, what would you tell me?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Carson@RunningSouthern3 May 2014 at 17:31

    No coffee?!?! Man, oh man, I don't even want to imagine life without coffee. So glad you are healing well from surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Carson haha! I get that from people all the time when I say I don't like coffee and thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly @ Leafy Not Beefy3 May 2014 at 20:13

    I would tell ya that I'm glad you're recovering well for surgery and that you continue to heal and don't go too stir crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't run for a while either while recovering from a stress fracture. It's really hard and frustrating when that is what you are used to doing. I also got into hot yoga during my recovery and plan to keep doing it. Speedy recovery! Fun meeting you for coffee. Deborah @ Confessions of a Mother Runner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the tea! :P I very rarely drink coffee and people usually think I'm crazy when they hear this. Glad that your recovery is going well! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not running is so hard and incredibly frustrating. I'm happy to hear recovery is going well. I agree, daytime TV is awful!


    I'm so glad we could get together and catch up. We must do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Deborah Yes, it sucks, but hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer before I'm cleared for exercise again, fingers crossed! and thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynda@fitnessmomwinecountry4 May 2014 at 18:29

    Laura, thanks for joining us:) I am off coffee now for three weeks and I am not missing it. So not sure if I am going to start drinking it again. I have one daytime TV fix and that is General Hospital {I must DVR it each day} and watch it sometime that night LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jill Thanks! Yes, It was great to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lynda I was happy to join in, its nice to catch up with what is going on with everyone! :)

    Coffee just never really gave me a boost and I hated the taste, maybe it was the brand.. but I just never really got into it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kia is adorable! We have one that likes boxes and one that isn't bothered. I am more of a tea person, though I do like filter coffee (black, 1 sugar). I would tell you that I have a sunburnt parting and I am regretting not wearing a hat on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Steph Oh No! Sunburn on scalp is horrid. I got a head of braids when I was in DR last September and sunburnt my scalp. Biggest mistake ever. It killed and then the peeling afterwards made it look like I had some bad dandruff! hah ;)

    Make sure you wear a hat next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grab Your Kicks5 May 2014 at 00:45

    I'm surprised how many people on the link up don't drink coffee. You're not alone! It's definitely frustrating to be limited physically. I was hurt last fall and couldn't run. Now that I'm healthy, I'm back to hating it sometimes. :) But don't take it away from me! I hope you can back to it sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Nikki Yeah, I've been surprised too as I usually read a lot about people that can't go a day without coffee! :)

    I will probably be exactly the same, can't wait till I get back to exercise.. and then when I can, i'll go back to hating it, haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook