I'm a #sweatpink Ambassador! and #mnbchallenge Wk2 recap!

2/15/2014

So, first off! I received confirmation last night that I have been accepted as a #sweatpink Ambassador and I'm over the moon! I feel completely honoured to be part of such an amazing community of inspiring and motivating ladies.

Here the FitApproach/Sweatpink mission. It completely resonated with me, which is the reason why I decided to apply:
"We believe that kicking ass is best done in pretty shoes. We’ve learned that real women sweat, and sweat hard. We know that assertiveness, strength, and ambition are the ultimate feminine qualities. We concede that sometimes it takes hours to get ready, but we’re also no strangers to just rolling out of bed and going. We’re convinced that we run faster in pink shoelaces. We believe in pushing ourselves, and we believe in giving ourselves a break, too. We’re all about the rush of endorphins and the thrill of the challenge. We’re all for looking great and feeling even better. We’re committed to finding our best fit, and making it stick. 

We sweat pink."

It's because of some of the amazing blogs I read that I found FitApproach and the #Sweatpink community in the first place.  Every single one of the beautiful ladies in the community is inspiring and motivating and I wanted to be a part of that.

I hope that I can further improve myself  and my blog and provide motivation and inspiration for others who inspire to live fit and healthier lifestyles. Especially for those that are on their weight loss journey as that's where my story began. Hopefully inspiring and motivating people they way I was when I first started!

If you'd like to know more about the sweatpink community, then check out the website HERE.

Now that I've got my exciting news out of the way! My recap for #MNBChallenge Event for NOURISH week with Fit Approach and Lorna Jane Active!

I'll admit, this was was pretty tough for me, but I'm glad I persevered.

Monday - 2/10: Go Meatless!
We had to have a Meatless Day. I don't remember the last time, if I ever have.. had a meal without meat. So this was a challenge in itself. It's been an eye opener to the other foods that are out there.
Tuesday - TYLTW! – Take Your Lunch to Work today!
I do this everyday, so this wasn't much of a challenge, I had a Wholemeal Wrap with Honey Roast Ham, Lettuce, Grated Carrot and Red Cabbage. It was yummy, I've had the wraps before and they've always been filling for me.
Wednesday - Write it down!
I do this everyday too, so this was normal for me. I've mentioned before that I track everything that I eat via MyFitnessPal, but cut down to only logging at the end of the day, rather than working everything out during the day.
Thursday - Smoothie Day!
I think I've only made 1 smoothie before and that had 3 simple ingredients and was easy to make. I didn't want to do the same thing again. I ended up making a Peanut Butter, Banana and Oat Smoothie, yummy but SO filling!
Friday - Go Raw Friday!
This was the biggest challenge. I wasn't feeling very well and I've had severe stomach ache for the last couple of days. I had a smoothie with fruits for breakfast.. just to eat something. For lunch, I had a salad with Avocado. It's the first time I've had an Avocado before and I wasn't very keen on it.. maybe it needs something with it, I'm not sure. For a snack, I had a Nakd bar which is raw fruits and nuts smooshed together into bar form. Delicious.
I didn't have a raw dinner because I hadn't planned very well (bad on my part) but I'm glad I managed up until then!

I'm pretty happy with what I've managed to do this week for the challenges. I thought I would struggle more than I did.

Next week is BELIEVE in mind and body. I'll go over whats in store for the challenge on Monday!

Until then, have a great weekend!

Question: Do you like Avocados? Have any favourite ways to use them?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like them. Sometimes I spread them on sandwiches or wraps instead of mayo. I put them on top of chicken breast and fish. I don't like them in salad for some reason. I have to put salt and pepper on them to make them more flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only tried it plain on a salad and wasn't keen. I might try them with something else, or maybe a seasoning before I give up and not have them again :)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook